The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing.
- A symbol to the left of an item’s icon indicates that it contains associated items, such as sketches. Click to expand the item.
To collapse all expanded items at the same time, click Shift+C, or right-click the document name at the top of the tree and click Collapse Items.
- The Rebuild icon precedes features, parts, and assemblies if a change requires a rebuild of the model.
- The Lock icon displays after the part name if the parts are frozen by the freeze bar.
- While a drawing view updates, the drawing icon changes to: .
- In an assembly, each instance of the component is followed by a number in angle brackets <n> that increments with each occurrence.
- Sketches are preceded by:
Sketch cannot be solved
- Errors and warnings display next to the part, feature, and sketch icons. The What's Wrong? dialog box and tooltips describe the errors and warnings:
Error in the model
Error with the feature
Warning underneath the node
Warning with the feature
- Positions of assembly components are indicated by:
Fixed (locked in place)
- Assembly mates are preceded by:
Involved in over defining the position of components in the assembly
- For the state of external references, the following symbols display after the name of the part or feature:
Out-of-context external reference
Locked external reference
Broken external reference
To hide the x symbol, click Tools > Options > System Options > External References and clear Show "x" in feature tree for broken external references.