We hope that each of you are well during this unprecedented time. Although many of us may experience fear, anxiety, or added stress during this time, we all know that our Country will weather this storm and come out stronger on the other side. At the end of the day, we can only prioritize our efforts on the things that we can control and simply prepare and educate ourselves around the things that we cannot.
So, with the health and well-being of our customers, partners, and employees at top of mind, I wanted to take this opportunity to recap how TPM is responding to the current climate and how we are ensuring each of you are supported during this time.
- • TPM remains open for business with full capabilities in Support, Service, Operations, Sales, and Production.
- • Any of our teams that can work remotely, which is more than 75% of our company, is transitioning to a “work from home” strategy effective 3/19. This will continue through 3/28 at minimum. TPM has spent the past few years investing heavily in technology to continue our operations in any environment, so I am 100% confident in our ability to work remotely and continue our overall performance.
- • Our Software Support teams remain ready to help and serve each of you during this time of need. We have posted a few blogs for our software customers to help you transition to working from home and also stand ready to respond to your technical support needs.
- • Our Equipment Service teams have implemented additional procedures to ensure both their health and yours when you need us onsite. These procedures include multi-stage disinfecting for the equipment both before and after each service call, gloves and other protective equipment for our service technicians, and social distancing.
- • All upcoming training classes, events, and meetings are being transitioned to be hosted digitally, so please continue to review these upcoming events here.
- • Our Color Lab and Print Rooms will remain fully functional in the case you have color graphic, printing or scanning needs. This staff is exercising enhanced cleanliness routines, social distancing internally, and added precautions with all jobs.
As we transition through this time, the TPM team stands ready to support each of your businesses. We wish you the best of luck in your company and hope to be back to normal conditions soon. Please contact us if we can do anything to further assist.
Chris Fay, President