We know growing businesses are often overwhelmed with active projects and deadlines, making it challenging to dedicate time to important things to grow your business. Trust us; we've been there too. Our solutions consultants have been in the architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing industries and dealt with these same challenges. Let's face it, in today's climate; we are all forced to find ways to do more with less.
Because of TPM's industry knowledge and field experience, we understand that you have goals to improve designs, deliver more work, and win more business. You may be asking yourself - where do I start? What projects will yield the most significant gains? Where are the largest gaps between where we need to be and where we are today?
Here are the top 5 benefits to assessing your business:
- Discovery. Companies often fail to take the time, programmatically and efficiently, to uncover all of the challenges, priorities, pain points, and workflows within their organization. Having 3rd party industry experts take the time to review your business with an unbiased approach enables you to gain valuable insights and reach a viewpoint that is very hard to achieve without an outside perspective.
- Benchmarking. Trying to solve problems with only your internal teams' ideas and thoughts can only improve your organization so much. But, using industry metrics and KPIs, having a view into how your business stacks up with peer organizations in a confidential manner gives you the insights to know where and how to evolve. An assessment paints a clear picture of where you are today and where your company could go in the future so that you have a clear vision of what your hard work will bring as a result.
- Roadmap. Companies often see problems within their organizations and even have ideas of how to solve the various challenges they see. However, they often fail to develop an effective path forward. A maturity assessment assesses your business and generates a plan or roadmap for your organization to take action.
- Prioritization. Too many organizations can't gain traction on their teams' initiatives because they try and tackle too much. It is critical to identify the improvements needed within an organization that will give the highest return on investment and then logically schedule those initiatives into an organized action plan. Prioritizing a company's objectives allows the company to move across the finish line more quickly and effectively. Driving one or two key initiatives is the only fundamental way to gain momentum in changing an organization.
- Accountability. Depending on how your company's culture or bandwidth has evolved over the years, it is often hard to hold your team accountable for improvement and growth while still delivering projects inside your company. Having an accountability partner dedicated to creating and implementing an impactful roadmap alongside your organization gives your team the comfort of knowing that you are not alone and that things will get done.
Every company has challenges. In the AEC and Manufacturing industries, our jobs are demanding. Competition is at an all-time high, and we are all looking for that competitive edge.
For nearly 50 years, TPM has been helping companies solve challenges within their organizations. TPM's Maturity Assessment program is purpose-built to tackle these hurdles with actionable, prioritized plans. These plans define the path forward, allowing you to improve designs, deliver more work, and win more business.
If you would like a consultation for our Maturity Assessment program, fill out the form below this blog to have one of our industry experts reach out to you.